Thursday, October 19, 2006

Marian is back

I have missed posting to the Blog for several reasons. One is that I was on a cruise. Many of you are familiar with the Holland/America lines, they have ships named that end in dam, Zuiderdam, for example. I was on a cruise of the Great Lakes on one of their newest ships, The Beaverdam. It was great, we toured ports such as Marquette, Alpena, Tawas City, as well as going through the Soo Locks, which I think rivals the Panama Canal and Caribbean cruises. It was a great tour but ended tragically when we had a bonfire on the aft deck that got out of control. But back to business and the Rural Conference. Soon I will have a list of the programs for the upcoming Rural Conference so that I will be able to give you tips on getting the most out of the conference. At the recent MLA conference in Detroit I was able to attend in several programs on safety in the library, I hope we have some at rural conference. We may not be inner city, but in rural Michigan we have some "wild turkeys" to contend with and we need to have to learn to deal with all types of customers.

No comments: