Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Great programs!!

Wow is all I can say about the list of speakers that Deb posted for next year's Rural Libraries Conference. I have been a fan of Maureen Burns for years. She helped me when I first met her at the Michigan Library Association conference several years ago. What a dynamic speaker and yet someone you can relate to and one you with who you can share fashion tips. I used to be shy and retiring, always wearing navy or black clothes. After hearing Maureen I am a changed person, I wear three inch heels like Deb Ziegler, outfits with bling and have sponsored weekly karoake at the Lake Neverwuz library. By the way, when you get to the conference check out Deb's shoes. She has found a supplier in China who has changed her whole shoe wardrobe. I would say that the last shoes I saw her wear could be considered "High Heeled Sneakers". What's happening to our Deb??

I can't wait for the conference, I hope you have it marked on your calendar. Remember that the Gates Foundation, you all remember Billy, is helping to fund the conference so all you have to budget for is your hotel and transportation. What a deal! See you in May.

3 comments:

Ann Holt said...

Helma Zukas (in "Miss Zukas Shelves the Evidence") seems fashion challenged. First she considers, "The button-up blue blouse? The long-sleeve green pullover?" This is for a date!!!!There is a two-page contemplation of her wardrobe that worries me. Marian, you must help!!!!

Anonymous said...

Marian, you brighten our dark Northern winter days with your commentary -- thank you so much. We are snowed in at the moment but am looking forward to the balmy southern temps this spring.

Do you know who we should ALL be writing to thank the Gates Foundation for their generous donation.

Char in Munising

Marian T. Librarian said...

Anonymous: I suggest you contact Deb Bacon-Ziegler at LM for the appropriate way to thank the Gates Foundation. Marian